December 07, 2010

Loving: NARS Deep Throat Blush

After I snagged up NARS Outlaw most recently, I thought of giving it a quick swirl and do up a review. Only to realise that I haven't quite reviewed NARS Dolce Vita, which I purchased before this.

Or Torrid, which goes even further back.


Heck, I realised I've never reviewed a single NARS blush before! So let's start at the very beginning - NARS Deep Throat. A very good place to start.

(You know the song ladies!)

I picked up Deep Throat, my first NARS blush, from Hong Kong a couple of years back. I remember going back and forth, deciding whether to get Orgasm or Deep Throat. Well, you know who won.

And no regrets.


Deep Throat is a beautiful peachy-pink shade, which according to many is a touch more pink compared to Orgasm. It's also apparently more natural as it's the less shimmery of the two. I'm afraid I'm reporting this as second hand information as I do not own Orgasm, hence I can't really make the comparison myself.

Being NARS, there are no issues with pigment, although this one isn't as scarily pigmented as Dolce Vita, for example. It's safe enough for mornings when I need a quick blush-fix, without having to worry I'm overdoing it with just two swipes.


Applied (with my good ol' Ecotools brush), it perks up the complexion beautifully and it does lasts quite a fair bit through the day. J'adore!

Some have complained of the black, matte packaging, which apparently turns pretty yucky after a while, but mine hasn't decided to die on me yet. So no problems there.

It's not available here in Malaysia, but you can get your hands on it in nearby Bangkok or Hong Kong. Or you could just purchase it online here, priced at US$26.

Overall, it's a beautiful and reliable go-to blush. One that I was most happy to add to my collection.

Love. Absolutely.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

This is my favouritest NARS too!! It goes with any look! :D

Yup this is definitely less shimmery than Orgasm, but more pigmented. My only wish? That this has that gorgeous gold sheen Orgasm spots, then it'll be my ultimate blush already!! :D

Tine said...

I'm with Jenn; this is my most favourite NARS blush of all. Orgasm does nothing for me (well, the blush that is. Kekekekeke!), but this one's just lovely.

Syen said...

Jenn: Yay for Deep Throat! =P

Tine: Tine!!! Cheeky you. Haha!

xin said...

hey it somehow slightly resembles my super orgasm..except that mine has more shimmer!

Fay. H. said...

Hey! You know Deep Throat was my first NARS blush too! I was also debating between Orgasm & Deep Throat. I fount Orgasm too shimmery and picked Deep Throat instead.

I love it! (Although some days I find it too pink for my mood =/ )

Askmewhats said...

AAAHH I want more blushes but I'm investing more on the matte versions for photoshoots! This looks exciting!

Syen said...

xi: I think that Super Orgasm is definitely more shimmery. Apparently, it's even more so than Orgasm itself too.

Fay.H.: Haha.. then pick something peachier for those days? =P

Nikki: This one's great to have, Nikki. Are you teeeempted? Muahaha... =D

Ouidad Blog said...

Pink blush is my favorite, especially in the winter. I know some say it's more of a summer thing... but I think we need more cheery pink this time of year!

Katie for Ouiad