May 16, 2008

Review: L'Oreal Color Minerals Eyeshadow in Nude Crystal

This is a truly strange, phantom product I have here. I can't find it online at all! Not on Boots, nor Superdrug, nor even on L'Oreal's webpage. I found this image of the product in Topaz Shimmer via Google image search!

But rest assured it IS available in-store. Boots is currenly selling this at £2 off for £5.99, and Superdrug is selling it at the full RPP of £7.99 but as part of a 3 for 2 offer. The eyeshadow comes in 3 other shades (that I've seen) - Rose shimmer (a cool, shimmery pink), Golden Olive (a goldie-green), and Desert Shimmer (a silvery champagne). This is a review for Shade 04 - Nude Crystal, a name which I'm sure will score this blog some unusual hits from Google.

Nude Crystal is a lovely golden brown shade that is almost (but not quite) copper. I bought it for an all-over summer glow look. The shade really is very lovely. It goes wonderfully well with Nars Orgasm and Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker in Peach.

Packaging wise, it comes in a cute, if bulky container. The brush is soft and fluffy, but too big for my eyes and awkward as it is attached to the lid. I prefer to use my own smaller, more precise brushes - but I can see the in-built brush working better with a lighter more shimmery shade than this though.

The product is a little hard to get out of the container, some vigorous shaking and tapping is needed. When applied dry, the product looks slightly darker and flatter than expected, and it doesn't blend very well. I had to apply with caution, and blend out using a lighter highlight shade. It's when applied wet though that this product comes into its own, acquiring a lovely shimmery sheen with glints of gold and copper. When applied thus, it really makes my eyes pop without causing them to look too made up. With practice I can see this color becoming my go-to shade all summer.

No comments: