May 10, 2008

My Favourite Things: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF15

The first golden rule of beauty these days seems to be, "Thou shalt use [at least] SPF15 everyday". But let's face facts, for oily-skinned acne prone girls this is much easier said than done.

Finding a sunscreen that's pleasant to use everyday, isn't too greasy, and doesn't break you out is genuinely hard work. It's months, sometimes years of trial and error, of tears and pimples. But I am happy to say that I have at least emerged, bloody but victorious with my Holy Grail of SPF15 daily moisturisers.

The Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Moisture lotion with SPF 15.

At £9, it isn't cheap but it won't break the bank as the 50ml tube has thus far lasted me 3 months and is about half full. However, I may not be using enough of it as I rely on mineral foundation and makeup to throw in their SPF protection factors.

The lotion is lightweight, fresh-fragranced and feels lovely on the skin. It quickly sinks in leaving a matte finish. As a moisturiser, it was enough to keep my oily skin happy in the depths of winter. As a mattifier, (tapioca starch is the mattifying agent) so far it doesn't seem to be cutting it for longer than 30 mins, but at least it doesn't add to the problem. It has also never broken me out and I"m sure my skin is happier and calmer when I do use it than when I don't.

The moisturiser used chemical based sunscreen agents: Avobenzone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate & Octyl Salicylate which between them provide broad-spectrum UVA & UVB sun protection. If you're sensitive to chemical sunscreens however, this moisturizer may not be for you.

No comments: