December 31, 2012

Dangerously addictive: Stark & Son Recharge Menthol Lip Balm with Caffeine


Hello everyone hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to a great New Year!

This post is for everyone who's had to go back to work today and are longing for an energy kick.

Stark & Son is a new menscare line launched by owner of organic and natural brand Silk Naturals, Karen Stark. This tingly mentholated matte lip balm was part of her holiday collection. 

I've become terribly addicted to this, not for it's lip-balm-ness, or even for the menthol kick, but for the straight-up, instant buzz the caffeine gives! I've never tried a caffeinated lip balm before and I can attest that this goes straight into your blood stream far faster than any espresso will!

One swipe and I'm all HELLO! If I use it too often, I get jitters. It's crazy!
I keep this on my desk and it gives me a jolt whenever I need it. It's not the only lip balm I keep with me though as, for obvious reasons, I can't just swipe this on whenever I want.

As a lip balm it keeps my lips conditioned and soft. At first, unused to a matte finish lip balm I think I overapplied but now I know a quick swipe is all that's needed. 

I've also grown to appreciate the natural look of matte lip balm and I can definitely say your man won't mind using this at all as it simply doesn't show. 

The crazy caffeine though does make this more medicinal than for casual use.

Pick up this handmade, all natural, organic lip balm here for US$3.95. I'm considering getting one for the boyfriend and one for my dresser - for use in the morning. ;)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa! never heard of a product like this before but it sounds amazing! ;)

Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

Meldee said...

Omgosh it's been ages since I stopped by this blog. I *have* to get this lipbalm! *crazyeyes*

DB Reviews said...

Looks like I need to try this. I am currently addicted to the Mentha Lip Balm from 'The Beauty Parlour'. Unfortunately this range has been discontinued and I am on my last tube of lip balm. Reading your review, it feels like I am going to like this. :)

Kahani said...

Meldee: Don't overuse it or crazyeyes will be permanant!

Vicky: It's just genius.

DB Reviews: Beware the caffeine!