April 29, 2013

Review of silicone-free Cargo blu_ray activating face primer

I may have finally found the only primer I can use all day that doesn't break me out, and I'm not sure that it really does anything, or anything much anyway.

*sighs*

I picked this primer up from BeautyBay some time ago and have been oh so cautiously testing it ever since. My skin's been relatively good of late, so instead of leaving well enough alone I start testing stuff on it. Of course. (Bad Me!)

I was really excited to learn that BeautyBay sold it and shipped it for free because I've been on the hunt for  silicone-free primer since forever. As an oily skinned girl with big nose pores it's just something you want to work for you. 

Here's what Cargo claims:
CARGO blu_ray™ Activating Face Primer is a revolutionary primer for high definition ready complexions.
This high performance primer combines cutting edge skincare ingredients and technology together with a primer to care for skin, whilst reducing shine, refining pores and visibly reducing fine lines and imperfections. Oil and silicone free, it feels weightless and comfortable on the skin for a super smooth base. Makeup is long lasting and flawless looking, so you’re ready for your close up every day.
Tip: This also looks great worn on its own for women who don’t wear foundation but want to prevent shine and want to improve the look of their skin.
So does it do all that? My answer is maybe, but very very subtly.

It doesn't take much and this primer is a joy to apply. Gliding smoothly on and sinking in with no stickiness or actually, anything to show it's not just moisturiser.

On days when I wear it all day, I've noticed that:

  1. Foundation goes on a bit more easily and bit more smoothly
  2. I believe it lasts longer, at least on my nose which is where it tends to wear away from constant blotting.
  3. I have no idea if it reduces oil and shine - haven't really noticed a difference
  4. I haven't started using it daily and may never do so, but it's never broken me out.

Here's the list of ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Silica, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Ethylhexylglycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Barkextract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract, O-Cymen-5-Ol,Polyurethane-40, Oleanolic Acid.
Conclusion
I'm having difficulty pinning down if this primer really is working or if I just really really want my HKD$276 purchase to work. I'll keep using it especially on days when I have something special to attend after work... I may even try using it daily for a week just to see what happens. But unless I start to really see some improvements (it's meant to also care for skin over time) I'm not sure I'll be repurchasing.

8 comments:

Annette said...

I got this on ebay in trial size and it doesn't work for me too. I think it's even breaking me out. Too bad because the blurb they're claiming sounds good.

MIchelle said...

Hmm..I have oily acne prone skin and was considering this primer. Interesting review, perhaps I'd get a trial tube from ebay like Annete

Kahani said...

Oh I'm so sorry Annette. Yeah there is never any guarantee that a product won't break someone out.

Michelle, I'd advise that too!

Sarah & Kat said...

I always use reitol pore minimizer to help with ,my oily skin. x

howtoreducehairfall said...

there is never any guarantee that a product won't break someone out.

Unknown said...

Pur has a primer with no "cones" in it

Healthy beauty by sauleha choudhary said...

nice content thanks for sharing with us such a useful content....healthy beauty tips.....
how to do nail art at home

Anonymous said...

Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.