April 25, 2008

Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Gloss

Can you believe it? Right after I blog about how balm crazy I am, I totally forget to bring even one to work. Not ONE.

And the thought of going through the entire day in an air-conditioned (read: dry and moisture sucking) office with dry and chapped lips is not good. Not good at all.

After the initial horror of discovering that I had left all my balmies at home, I searched the depths of my handbag to find that all was not lost after all - I found a tube of Clinique's Superbalm in Apricot in my lipstick pouch.

Honestly, I have never really given much thought to this gloss' superbalm powers. I mean, I mainly use it as a gloss, but I've never actually tried applying it (or any lipstick or gloss for that matter) directly onto my lips without any balm first. I'm just one of those people who need lipbalm. Notice I said need, not want.

However, since I had brilliantly left all my lipbalms at home, what better time than this to put this Superbalm's moisturising properties to test?

I was not disappointed. It kept my lips protected and moisturised throughout the day. Apricot is a neutral-pinky shade that goes on very nude and natural on my MAC NC25 skintone. It goes on rich and creamy, and its glossiness is just right. It's not tacky or overly sticky as well, which is super indeed.

Generously sized at 15ml, it is available in Malaysia for RM50 (I think. Or was it RM55?).

Now let's hope I never leave my balmies and this superbalm gloss at home next. That would be a bare-lipped nightmare.

No comments: