April 24, 2008

Mineral Foundation Application Technique

Although this can be used for all Mineral Foundations, this particular method is tailored specifically to Silk Naturals. I find slightly different brushes and methods work best with different foundations.

As Silk Naturals is rather sheer, I tap a generous amount out onto my sifter bowl (it's a large porcelain Chinese sauce dish. You can use the sifter jar's lid, but I spill less this way and it's easier to wash), dip my brush in, tap, and sweep it on. I use my Pout blush brush for this as it's the right size and density, and slightly flat.

If I have bad underye circles, I apply the foundation over Clinique All About Eyes Undereye Concealer, after setting the concealer with the Sheer Perfecting Powder.

Next I lightly buff my face with my beloved Bobbi Brown Kabuki / Face Brush for a perfect finish before going over spots and blemishes with the Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush dipped in more of the foundation. When I am done I use the kabuki to dust on the Sheer Perfecting Powder and I'm good to go.

I've recently added another step thanks to recommendations from the Mineral Makeup Blog, and the last thing I do before heading out the door is to spritz on some face mist to set and to reduce the initial powdery finish mineral makeup has when first applied. I'm currently using The Body Shop's Vitamin E Face Mist

No comments: