April 17, 2008

My Favourite Things: The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

It has taken me the loooongest time to get this product. Every time I walked into a The Body Shop outlet, I would go over to the Cocoa Butter section, open a jar of the Body Scrub, take a deep breath of that delicious scent, then look at the price tag.

And then I would (very) reluctantly put it back on the shelf. And drag myself away.

So much so that when I finally caved in and bought it, I must have looked a little like Gollum going "My Preccciouussss".

At RM59.90, it's not cheap. But it's definitely not the priciest vanity item I've forked money out for. Yet for the life of me (now), I can't figure out why it took me so long to get it.
Perhaps it was because I kept thinking... "I don't need it.... I already have a fluffy and scrunchy bath mesh to scrub with".

But now that I do have it, it is awesome. The smell is divinely delicious. And if you're a choc lover like me, you'll know what I mean when I say I seriously wish I could eat that thing. I simply love it.

And it performs too. With ingredients like organic sugar and salt, it definitely exfoliates. And with cocoa butter, it moisturises at a go, which is great for people like me (who are just too lazy to go slather on moisturiser after a bath, even though I've got really dry skin).

The huge jar should be able to last me quite a while. And that makes me, and my skin, very happy.

2 comments:

Aisyah Jean said...

i bought this one too. i love the smell of this thing. but do u know a proper way to use it? im still new at this exfoliate thing. please reply. tq. :)

Syen said...

Aisyah: Glad you like this too. As to how to use it... it's really a no-brainer, really. Just scrub away! You can give yourself a quick wash with another shower cream first, then rinse off. Apply this and scrub away! Leave it on for like five minutes. You get reeeeally soft skin after. Enjoy!