April 17, 2008

Bourjois 1 Second Nail Polish

I've quite fallen in love with Bourjois' 1 Second Nail Polish in Shade 1. Part of the line's lovely Spring collection, Shade 1 is a lovely nude shade of opaque neutral pink. This colour is extremely wearable as both an everyday colour or even as part of an evening outfit as it is a quiet, classic shade that gives the illusion of longer fingers. I've received many compliments on my nails since using it - mostly from cashiers when I hand over my card for yet another beauty product.

Tbe product itself lives up to its promise. It really does take only 1 second per nail! The fan-shaped brush takes getting used to, but once you've got the hang of it you'll only need one stroke to deposit the perfect amount of polish to each nail (except for the thumb nail - that needed two strokes).

The formula dries rapidly, by the time I'm painting the fifth nail, the first has dried. However, the finish isn't as glossy as I'd like and it chips rather easily. This is easily fixed with a clear topcoat - but that rather defeats the purpose of the 1-second nail. However, it does take time off the original colour's drying time.

The formula is also inclined to dry rapidly on the brush and in the bottle. After only three weeks of using it, I have had to dilute the polish with remover. Also, I recommend that you return the brush to the bottle after finishing one hand, and giving it a good shake to prevent the polish clumping on the brush.

Only one coat of polish is needed for an even, opaque finish. Don't try to paint two! The second looks dull and lifeless and takes forever to dry. It's better to stick with one.

The polish retails for £5.50 per bottle at Boots. I bought it as part of boots 2 for £10
(I will review that another time) offer along with a Bourjois Effet 3D Les Nudes Lipgloss in Shade 37 - Rose or Chic , also part of their spring collection and received an additional discount of £2 thanks to a coupon (I swear, Boots and their offers are my crack).

No comments: