June 17, 2008

Flaky Skin, Be Gone!

While Kahani has found her true love in an oil-controlling product, me over here wants to gush about a product that will help us girls who are having problems with flaky skin.

I recently had a bad bout of zits sprouting on my chin (the usual hotspot), and in my eagerness to kill them all, I've been slathering on Differin. While it works great to dry up the pimples, it has a bad side effect - it dries up your skin too, and leaves it in a flaky mess.

My dried up chin was in pretty bad shape and my beloved daily moisturiser (Clinique's DDMG) just wasn't enough to solve the problem. Which made me rummage through my little makeup cabinet, only to rediscover a saviour of a moisturiser - Cetaphil Moisturising Cream for chronic dry, sensitive skin.

I have to put out a warning though. This is HEAVY stuff. If you have oily skin like me or Kahani, this will only be suitable for spot treatment on your flaky spots. I mean, it is pure cream.

I used just a little bit, rubbing it between my fingers first before applying it where needed, and after using it for two nights (I only used it at night), the flakes were gone and my skin was back to normal. *Yay!*

It says it "contains a superior system of extra-strength emollients and humectants to bind water to skin and prevent moisture loss". It also has no fragrance, parabens or lanolin, and it's non-comodogenic.

I've had this 100gm tube for a long, loong time and it mostly sits in my cabinet as it's just too heavy for me to use at other times. But whenever I have a bout of dry, flaky skin, it never fails to come to the rescue.

I can't remember how much exactly it costs, but it should be less than RM50, and easily available at Guardian or Watsons.

Ingredients: purified water, polyglycerylmethacrylate (and) propylene glycol, light mineral oil, dioctyl ether, PEG-5 glyceryl stearate, glycerin, dimethicone (and) dimethiconol, cetyl alcohol, sweet almond oil, benzyl alcohol, sodium hydroxide, tocopheryl acetate, acrylate/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, disodium edetate, alpha tocopherol.

No comments: