June 13, 2008

Olive toned mineral foundations for cool Asian girls

Head on over to Kiss and Makeup to check out my review of three great mineral foundations with Olive undertones. Although I've reviewed Everyday Minerals here already, Lily Lolo and Youngblood were obtained through the job. Good thing too! I'd never EVER be able to afford Youngblood - £42! *sweats* But it is amazingly good stuff, never used a liquid foundation that amazing - now if only they'd matched my colour better. = (
*Edit (20/06/2008): By mixing in a little aloe vera gel, the foundation becomes sheer enough for me to wear! Hoorah!
Lily Lolo is also pretty brilliant and an amazing colour match. But although full-coverage it wasn't quite as forgiving on my uneven acne pitted face as J.Lynne or L'Oreal though. Oh for much much better skin.

3 comments:

Kahani said...

I'll see if I can find a cheapish Liquid Minerals foundation and do a Dupes column =)

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

where can I get aloe vera oil ? My Revlon Photo Finish Foundation in 006 Medium Beige is tad darker for my skin tone. Don't wish to waste it but can use it without mixing with other stuffs... Do you have any recommendation for making it lighter in shade? thanks

Kahani said...

Hi Syn, We generally use Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel. If you don't want to blend in a lighter foundation, then just mix it with your current moisturiser for a sheerer finish and dust a powder that's just a weee bit too light over to set. =)