July 16, 2008

Review: Benefit "That Gal" Primer

Remember the sample of "That Gal" I got from Benefit? Well.. I sorta lost it. And was totally boo'ed out about it until I got the full-sized one to test via Kiss and Makeup! (Ok, so I called the PR and asked, but I thought it deserved a second chance after all the bad rep).

And bad rep it has. Just read this review, and this review. And believe me when I say that I fully trust these girls, they know their beauty!

So why do I like it so much?

Well, first off as I explain in my full review here, I feel that it's been mis-marketed. The poor thing isn't really a primer so much as a brightener - rather like everybody's darlin' Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.

Another reason is that I like its bright pink shade! It really does do wonders for a dull Asian complexion. Alot of Caucasian girls though are dealing with ruddy faces, the last thing they want yes yet more pink slapped on! So it also depends on skintone. I think for Golden and Olive skintones, this bubblegum pink baby brings on that glow.

I do feel however that at £19.95 for a tiny amount it is rather overpriced. But so's Clarins at £25!

4 comments:

Connie De Alwis said...

I've tried this over at the counter and I was quite impressed by the product. I used to work at Benefit and my experiences with Dr. Feelgood as a base was not good because my skin was too dry for it. That Gal gave me a brightened glowing look that's fresh. And you're right, it'd look better on yellow-based skin since the pink neutralizes the sallowness. I can't decide to actually buy a tube though. I'm too happy with my BB Cream

Kahani said...

Hi connie, well if you like your BB cream, then you don't need Benefit's That Gal now do you? ;)

It's worth waiting for a sale (Benefit US has reasonable shipping and occassional sales), an offer, or looking on ebay - since many girls buy the primer and find they don't like it that much.

Connie De Alwis said...

sometimes, it's not a matter of need... but a want... Lol. If you get what I mean.

Kahani said...

only too well, honey! Lol