February 02, 2009

Monday's Beauty Bits

Sorry this is so late going up today. It's been busy busy busy. Also, Syen's leaving on a long vacation tomorrow night, so it'll just be me holding down the fort. Consider this an apology in advance for fewer posts this week. =)

Safety tip from Beetrice, “Instead of pepper spray, use a car fragrance atomiser - it will sting the assailants eyes, and make your car smell nice!”

At Connie’s recommendation, I bought a tube of Hyaluronic Lip Balm from Daiso. I will post a full review, but first I wanted to warn all you girls that they PLUMP. I didn’t know this. I used it before I went to bed and woke up with Angelina Jolie lips! No stinging, burning, itching or peeling... but whoa! The effect seems to last awhile too. It’s been 4 hours, they’ve settled down but are still fuller than normal.

There are definite dangers to self-threading. Go slowly! Go very very slowly...!*rubs bare spot on left eyebrow* But it works, the tiniest hairs it gets them all.

9 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I'll take the car freshener to protect myself, I always buy pepper spray and it costs a lot! :) Take care

Connie De Alwis said...

did you take after pictures of the lip plump? I would love to see that!

Kahani said...

Nikki: Well, while I like Bee's tip to fall back on should Pepper spray not be available, it's not proven to be as effective. So, I wouldn't depend on it personally.

Connie: Lol nope! Ok I'll take a pic tonight before going to sleep, and another tomorrow morning when I wake up. And see if I can detect the diff.

Anonymous said...

Hi, would you please post a picture of said Hyaluronic lip balm? I'm in Singapore but I've never seen that product in Daiso (I'm a lip balm addict :D!) so I'm wondering what it looks like ... how's the texture? Does it soothe lips?

Kahani said...

Hi Jasmine

It's a plain yellow tube that says "Hyaluronic lipcare" the packaging it came in was pretty plain too.

I promise to review it soon with pics as SOON as I take a pic of my before and after plumped lips. =D

Kahani said...

Oh oops forgot to answer your other question. It's very emollient without being greasy, has no taste or smell, and I think it does moisturise well!

Anonymous said...

LOL on the car fragrance. Okay, no LOL-ing on getting assaulted, of course.

Wheee, can't wait to meet up with Syen :D Aiya Kahani, why you no come?

Kahani said...

Kahani no moneeeeyyyy... boo...!

Kahani also no fiance take her go there. Double boo!

Syen said...

Kahani: Buy less makeup, save money to travel. =P

*cough cough*

I know, I know... pot calling the kettle black. =)