September 08, 2009

My Big Fat Greek Honeymoon!

As much as I really reeeeally wanted to show you girls the events in sequence (ie. wedding first, honeymoon second), I find I'm unable to do so as my official wedding photos is STILL a work-in-progress.

(The photographer promised it within this week. Sigh. But he does good work, so I'll be patient.)

Anyhoo, while we're all waiting for my wedding photos, I'll give you a whirlwind summary (with piccies) of my Greek honeymoon.

(Note: Picture heavy post)

The hubs and I flew in to Athens, and then we took a big ferry to Mykonos Island, and from there took a speedboat to Santorini Island. The weather was generally HOT (about 34 degrees), but thankfully it drops at night on the islands (to 18 degrees? less?), which I really liked. For anyone who's thinking of whether or not to visit Greece, it's definitely a great place for a relaxing holiday. Think sipping coffee by a roadside cafe and lots of sunset watching. If you're into super-shopping holidays, then give Greece a pass.

So, enjoy the piccies!

First stop- Athens

One can.not. visit Athens without going to the Parthenon.

We strolled down the streets in Monastiraki where there were plenty of restaurants and souvenir shops.

The Greeks have a thing for shoes. Seriously. About five out of 10 shops are shoe shops. I saw one in here which I liked, and it cost €65. Back on the rack it went!

A view of the Parthenon and the sprawling city of Athens from Lycabettus Hill at sunset. It was beautiful. Too bad I didn't have a DSLR camera with me. Boo.

Next stop- Mykonos: Party town!!!

Me posing somewhere near the hotel at Aghios Ioannis on Mykonos Island.

A street in Mykonos town. A very pretty and quaint place.



Taken from Little Venice in Mykonos town. People having a cuppa (or a moussaka) while the waves crash in, with a view of the windmills.

Final stop - Santorini Island: Land of the Caldera

A church with white-washed walls and blue domes, the typical architecture of the Cyclades islands.



Views of the caldera from Fira and Oia in Santorini. Just breathtaking. The water and sky are both just so blue!

The hubs and I on our sunset tour on a sailboat. With a view of the sunset as in the first photo. Lovely.

Next post - where to shop for makeup in Greece and honeymoon hauls! So stay tuned! =D

10 comments:

Tine said...

Awwwww Greece is so beautiful! Would love to go there one day :)

Vonvon said...

Ohhh...OIA is just simply gorgeous!

And my, the Parthenon is still under construction? When will the restoration ever going to end? When I was there, I remembered there were scaffolding everywhere too.

Those little streets in Mykonos are quite similar to those in Nauossa (dont remember the spelling) in Paros...

Syen, you make me so want to go to Greece again!

Paris B said...

Haven't been to Greece but now I have to darnnit! It looks like you had a lovely time and I.Want.To.See.The.Parthenon! Is the Oracle at Delphi still around? teehee... ;)

beetrice said...

gorgeous pics ma dear...darn, now must start saving up - next MATTA fair, maybe? LOL.. :D

Jenn said...

Awwww... it looks soooo lovely!! Sounds like you have a wonderful romantic honeymoon!!

Can't wait to see more pictures of you gorgeous! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Greece is such a beautiful place! Aww, you two look so cute together :D

AskMeWhats said...

WOW! those are lovely photos! Obviously a great honeymoon eh??? :)

Syen said...

Tine: It IS beautiful, and yes, you should try to make a trip there sometime! Ironically though, it's not a place I'm in a hurry to visit again? I think I'll go somewhere more Europey. =P

Vonvon: Yes, the view of the caldera in Oia is just gorgeous. But the steps! They nearly killed me. LOL. I liked wandering around in Mykonos town. It was quite fun getting a little lost. And then going, "Hey! I've been here before!" =P On Parthenon, yes, STILL on renovation work. haha..

Paris: =P I think so. But we didn't go to Delphi coz it's a little far from Athens. But I think it should still be there. Or whatever's left of it. *tee hee*

Bee: Yes, we all need to save. By cutting one lipgloss at a time. LOL.

Jenn: Yes, we had a lovely time! =)

Connie: Hehe.. thanks!

Nikki: Thank you dearie. Yes, we had a good time there. A really nice break from everything too. =)

gio said...

You two look really cute together! Greece is a wonderful place!

Meldee said...

Gorgeous, both you and the places you saw! <3