November 17, 2009

More minty lip balm: Yes To Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter

I suppose y'all have noticed by now but Syen and I are just a touch Lip Balm mad. We also both seem mighty curious about organic range, Yes To Carrots. It's cheap & cheerful tree-hugger philosophy just strikes a chord and you want to like what they put out. So I was pretty keen to try this mint balm (I have a thing for mint balms too) I picked up in Singapore.

Formula

Organic and critter-friendly (yep lookin' at you Pet) the site promises that the balm's key ingredients of coconut and olive oils and vitamin E are:

All grown using environmentally sound practices without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides that could be harmful to our bodies or Mother Earth.

* All Natural Ingredients
* No Animal Testing
* Paraben, Petroleum and Phthalate Free

Use & Flavour
Sadly, I find the balm notas moisturising as I'd like. It's rather hard (there's no glossy finish so it's guy-friendly balm btw) and I have to apply and reapply frequently. I haven't noticed my lips looking better or softer either, but they haven't dried out. Fortunately, I LOVE the minty flavour!

It's not sweet in the least and greatly resembles the scent and flavour of Garden Mint balm by Crabtree & Evelyn. Only less intense and easier to apply as it's in a tube form. I keep it by my keyboard at work and find it a refreshing break when writer's block hits.

Conclusion
I love the flavour enough that I might be tempted to repurchase if I come across it again. At about SGD$5 it's nicely affordable for a fun treat - just wish it was available in Malaysia.

2 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I love lip balms that has minty taste, either they're really good or crabby, the fact they are minty gets 1 plus point from me :)

Connie De Alwis said...

I wanted a Yes to Carrots lip balm too! no idea why I didn't get it :-/ Love minty lip balms...