July 27, 2010

Aruba, Jamaica, Moringa...

I just love travelling, and I love my holidays. I mean, who doesn't, right?


Unfortunately, though, there's only so much travelling one can do in light of the time off and cash needed. And when I can't have that, I indulge in something else that brings out the holiday mood for me - The Body Shop Moringa Body Scrub.

Truth be told, I never gave this product much thought before. But since I really wanted to pick up the Coconut scrub and it was on a BOGOF offer, I went around sniffing for something I'd like and came up with this. And boy am I glad I picked it.

The scent is delightful. I can't quite describe it, but it makes me think of a summer holiday somewhere in Aruba, or Jamaica. Ah, wishful thinking. If you really want to know what it smells like, I'm going to have to borrow Kahani's nose and get back to you. Or you could just walk in to a TBS outlet and take a whiff.

Product wise, the ground moringa fruit powder, walnut shell, and ground rice in the goo here works as well as any scrub. Apply a decent amount, scrub as hard as you're comfortable with, and then let the product sit on your skin for a bit. Rinse thoroughly off, and voila, ohsosoftandsmoothskin!


A little trick I've learned of late. This scrub works just as well as a hand scrub too. My hands usually end up with peeling skin (no thanks to washing detergents etc), so a good scrub and followed by moisturiser results in baby soft skin again. Yes, it's a no brainer, but why didn't I think of this earlier?

I picked this up for real cheap in the UK for £6.25 (~RM31) due to the BOGOF, but I believe you can pick it up here for about RM69.90? As much as I love it though, I'm not sure whether I'll be repurchasing as I'm already swimming in a tonne of body scrubs, and I'm always keen to try out more.

So I'm guessing not then. Have you tried this?

4 comments:

rinnah said...

Oh no oh no oh no... I did not know about this until I walked into TBS with the gals on Sunday but I love the jasmine scent of the moringa range! Now I feel a need to visit the nearest TBS... :P

xin said...

LOL at rinnah :P we are really bad for each other's wallets. but hey! i need a body scrub too!!! the raspberry body polish that i have doesn't really scrub VERY WELL

Kahani said...

Yups Rinnah borrowed my nose already. Jasmine with a hint of coconut milk. More India than Jamaica I'd say. Moringa is from India btw.

Syen said...

Rinnah: Heheh.. It's nice I tell you. =P

xin: Go give this a shot then!

Kahani: Hahaha.. thanks for adding your input. I know it's from India, but I still "feel" Jamaica. =P Ah, I can add jasmine to a list of likes then. *tee hee*