January 18, 2011

Rediscovering an old love: Lip Ice Sheer Color

I used to LOVE this in my university days, something Syen remembered. So when someone passed her a brand new tube, she passed it straight on to me. At first, recalling colour tide-marks and a no-flavour I wasn't that keen on trying it again. But one day on a whim I picked it up and found it pleasantly changed.




One thing is precisely the same though. It's a clear, white balm when applied and then it turns pink based on your skin chemistry and /or body temperature. Be warned, it turns a VERY bright shade of pink on me! I like bright, cool pinks (but not too cool) though. ^_^


As a balm it's moisturising enough for me but what I really like is how long lasting this tint is. They've really worked on it and it now goes on evenly and lasts and lasts! It functions almost as a stain. At a certain point I have to stop using it and just use clear balm or the pink builds itself up to fuschia.

They've also added a berry flavour to the balm, and it tingles like the other Lip Ice balms too. The result is it smells tastes remarkably like Wrigley's Extra Professional Mints in Forest Berries!

These mints!
The tube's also been improved, it rolls up and down smoothly and feels more solid. 

There are three new versions of this balm out now. One with shimmer (it has a diamond on it), one that's unflavoured (green leaf) and one that's strawberry flavoured (strawberry). At RM14.90 it really isn't a bad buy!

9 comments:

plue said...

oooh so now they have up the formula? i never tried this, as the ads weren't very nice (felt kinda cheesy) and there's nothing to scream about, but after reading your reviews, I think i'll need to give this a whirl!

thanks for enabling! :P

AskMeWhats said...

I am using this now, and so far, it does not turn bright pink on me as my lips are darker in shade to start with, it turns out more on the deeper pink :)

Syen said...

Now I'm curious to know what shade it turns on me! Hahaha...

Kahani said...

That is part of the fun huh? Seeing what these "adaptable shades" turn on you. ^_^

Ashchronicles said...

A friend of mine used Lip Ice Sheer Color too and everyone thought it was her real lip color! It is seriously impressive! (though I've never gotten around to actually purchase it..haha..the tube doesn't attract me)

Kahani said...

Aishyah: Alas, Lip Ice looks NOTHING like a natural lip colour on me! *rotfl* But it actually is a pretty fun buy.

n.a.m.a said...

i bought this last year. but i didnt use it because it turns into VERY dark plum + red on me. but when my friend used it, it turns into light shade of pink and suited her perfectly!

Kahani said...

Hi Iera: Oh man... that's actually kind of funny. Are your lips really pigmented?

n.a.m.a said...

yeah.. kind of.. i hve dark lips.. huhu. so it's kind of hard to find colour that can match my lips..