May 12, 2011

Repurposing old buys:The brush for heavy cream undereye concealers

It all started with a post on Not Martha referencing The Muse's review of Sephora's Professionnel Platinum Concealer Airbrush. I looked closer at the brush and thought "Hey that looks like my barely used Everyday Minerals Kabuki Eye Brush!". Which in turn made me think "Why not?"

I gave it a try with Bobbi Brown's concealer and it was... magic.

A side note on concealers:
Now I don't find that BB's concealer works well for me as it simply melts away on my oily skin by mid-day, I've used quite a bit of it as you can see though as it doesn't look THAT awful. It just doesn't look that great. Since then I've used this brush to apply Laura Mercier's very dry and pigmented Camouflage Palette undereye and theBalm's Time Balm undereye concealer which I'm still deciding on. Some days I love it, some days I'm just not so sure....


Back to the brush


If you find it challenging to apply thick cream concealers this is the method for you. It lays down an airbrushed layer of pigment that conceals without caking up. It's the optimum "minimal" application and you can layer more on darker areas giving you the precise coverage you need and no more.

I can't guarantee your concealer won't crease or cake later - that's down to formula and your skin - but for application, this brush, or one like this as Everyday Minerals no longer carries this, is what you need. 

Poke around your stash, do you have anything like it? 

1 comment:

AskMeWhats said...

Nice post, I am actually using this method on clients who need coverage on "bumpy" areas like zit, it covers more naturally :)