July 06, 2011

Review: Poppy King for No. 7 in #2 Power

No. 7 next to Lipstick Queen's Saint
My apologies to those saw this post without a writeup earlier today. Was stuck in a meeting and couldn't paste the review til afternoon.

My best friend acceded to my selfish demands and brought back the No. 7 Poppy King Lipstick in Power and the lipgloss in Allure from UK last month. Let's take a peek at the Power lippie today.

No. 7 is surprisingly small, weighing at 3.5g while it's Big Sibling Saint Rust from Lipstick Queen. There are advantages to the smaller No. 7 offering though as it is definitely much easier to tuck into a slim purse or an overstuffed makeup bag.

Texture and finish wise, No. 7 goes on quite smoothly with a matte finish. I have to say that I prefer the LQ Saint formula as I find it much, much more smoother -- must be the wax base -- and I like glossy finishes.

Power is a really pretty cool raspberry pink shade which I think would look great on most fair skinned girls. Being decidedly warm and tanned, cool shades look really wrong on me so I use this as a lip stain instead. Just as pretty.

L to R: Revlon Raspberry, No. 7 Power, LQ Saint Rust

I decided to photograph Power alongside Saint Rust so you can get an idea of how the finish is like. I also threw in a swatch of Revlon's Colourburst Lipstick in Raspberry for comparison as it is quite similar to Power (or vice versa). If you are interested in Power but don't have access to it, I would say that Raspberry is a really close dupe for it. The colour is a warm version of Power so warm-toned girls can look at Raspberry as a glossy alternative.

Verdict? I guess that the No. 7 lipstick range by Poppy King worth looking at if you are cool-toned and have always wanted a piece of the Lipstick Queen's creation. I wasn't blown away by Power but I can see a lot of people going for this shade. This Poppy King creation retails for GBP 12 at Boots UK.

I'll be back next week with the Poppy King No. 7 lipgloss in Allure which is absolute <3

No comments: