July 28, 2008

Great Nudes for Lips~


One thing I think all girls should have... no, make that MUST have, in their makeup collection is a great nude lip colour. It's that MLBB (my lips but better) shade that gives their lips some colour, but one that goes on totally au natural.

As for me, two of my go-to nude colours are MAC Hug Me (lustre) and Fasio Lipstick Super Glossy in Sunny Tan (#371). I have MANY nude shades, but let's stick to two today, shall we?

Both shades are very neutral lip colours and very wearable, giving my lips just that bit of colour, but maintaining the "nude" look. (Seriously, some days my lips are so ghostly pale I need a lipstick just so I don't look ill.)

Hug Me has a rather huge following and has been widely raved about on MUA, and it's easy to see why. This lipstick goes on easily and smoothly, and has a creamy finish. While I've heard some complain that MAC lipsticks dry their lips out, it's never been a problem to me. Of course, as usual, I would apply my lipbalm first. =P


Colour wise, it leans more to the warm side. MAC describes it as Fleshed Pink. While it's quite accurate, I also detect some brown notes in it. Very little, but it's there.

Fasio Sunny Tan, on the other hand, is just a tad more pink than Hug Me, despite its name. However, I think you can only tell the difference because I'm putting them side by side. On the lips, they look very, very similar. It also goes on smoothly to a creamy finish.

So how do they compare? Both a great lipsticks to have. Both work great if you want to tone down your lips (and glam up your eyes). Neither lasts terribly long but creamy lipsticks have that tendency anyway.

The only difference is that Hug Me costs RM63, while Sunny Tan only costs RM20+ (if I remember correctly. Do correct me if I'm wrong). So those on a budget will definitely appreciate that huge price difference.

If you're wondering why I have two near-identical lippies? Well, I honestly, have this crazy bad habit of going out and falling in love with a lipstick (usually nudish, brownish, peachy or coral) only to come home to find many other lipsticks of a similar shade.

I know. It's terrible, isn't it?

6 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I love both colors and I am into lippies that are that shades as well!

Tine said...

Okay this is embarrassing, but when I first read the words "Sunny Tan", I thought it was pronounced "TAHN" as in the Chinese surname :P

Jacey said...

i love nude lip colours too <33

hope you don't mind me linking you :)

Syen said...

Askmewhats: Ekeke... Ooh yea. Nude lippies rock! =)

Tine: *tee hee hee* No worries. I'm in Hong Kong now, and it jolly well could be someone's name. "Hi! I'm Sunny Tan!". =P

Cheeezie: Hey hey! Not at all! Thanks for stoppping by, commenting, and linking us to your blog! Just had a quick look, nice blog yourself! =)

Cheerios!

Anonymous said...

I rarely wear lipstick, but you've tempted me with Hug Me... it just looks so pretty in the photo. *grin*

Syen said...

Hey Janine,

Ooh yes. Hug Me is really lovely. All the prettier in person too!

Hope you like it! Let me know when you get it. =)

Cheers~