July 31, 2008

Travel Beauty 4: The Tools

Much as it grieves me, I can't tote along my entire arsenal of makeup brushes. So I've decided to stick (mostly) to what would fit into this handy Pouts makeup brush case. I chose it over my usual Body Shop roll because of its nice large mirror (which can only come in handy), and because I can slot it into my hanging-vanity.

Brushes in the picture (L-R):
  1. Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush - a great brush that transforms any mineral foundation into a heavy-duty concealer. It's like a product in a brush!
  2. MAC 266SE slanted eyeliner brush. Great for turning powder eyeshadows into liner, or creating a very intense wash of colour.
  3. Pout Small Eyeshadow Brush - the softest, nicest eyeshadow brush I've ever used. Deposits the perfect amount of colour, and it's nice and small to suit my itty bitty eyes.
  4. MAC 244SE blender brush - I would be lost without this!
  5. Pout Blusher Brush - great as a blush brush, densely bristled enough to apply mineral foundation in a pinch.
Not pictured:
  1. Pout retractable lip brush
  2. Youngblood Mini Buki to apply mineral foundation with. It has its own cute little travelling pouch, so it's the one that gets to come along!

6 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

that is a nice looking brush set! :)

Kahani said...

thanks! I was trying to resist bidding on it when i saw it on eBay, but in the end my resistance failed. =P No regrets though. The Pout brushes are wonderful! So sad the line was discontinued.

kuri* said...

I'm really enjoying this series.

As I am packing for a trip myself (only a week-long one), I have to ask: so no need for an eyelash curler? I'm debating whether to take mine or not. Not sure I'll even be wearing much makeup, but I like to be prepared :P

Kahani said...

hey kuri, thanks so much! And yes I've found myself missing my eyelash curler badly. But it was the big, bulky metal one and I wasnt sure if airport security would do a double take and assume it was some weapon of mass destruction.

So I ended up buying a flat, compact plastic eyelash curler at Sephora here in paris. *flutters now curly eyelashes* Do look out for one of those if you're traveling. They're not perfect but they're much better than nothing!

kuri said...

Oh, I have seen those compact plastic curlers around. I will go pick one up; the bulky metal one just doesn't make any sense to carry around. Thanks!

Kahani said...

Glad to help, Kuri!