December 16, 2008

Review: Himalaya Herbals Refreshing Fruit Face Pack

My adoration for the Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Pack is such that I now hold all its other products in higher esteem (which as far as the Acne-N-Pimple Cream goes was a terrible mistake. It did nothing. *sighs*) So, when looking for a more moisturising mask to use in between the Neem mask, I of course turn to good 'ol HH again,

This mask is described as a mask for blemish-prone, normal to dry skin. It promises to exfoliate, deep clean, fade blemishes and even minimise wrinkles! With ingredients like Apple, Cucumber, Fig and Papaya it sounded so yummy I snapped it up immediately.

How it works
Primarily, with the inclusion of the acid, Pectin, from apples, this is an AHA mask that exfoliates your skin chemically. So although it is less drying than the Neem mask, it isn't more gentle. In fact it stings slightly when applied and my face looks redder after this mask, and calmer after the Neem mask.

It does contain "Fullers Earth" so it absorbs excess oils, shrinking blackheads and allowing the AHAs into your pores. And as it is exfoliating, it will also help fade blemish scars and (a bonus for some, not for me) it will makes your face fairer by causing your tan to fade faster.

Experience
I was petulantly disappointed that the mask didn't smell like some glorious fruit salad! After all the ingredients did sound so very yummy. Instead it smells...well... like nothing much. Very natural, and not unpleasant, just rather blah.

It rinses off a lot more easily than the Neem face mask does, so it's also good to use when I'm too lazy to scrub and scrub and scrub.

I was not blown away by the immediate results this mask gave. My skin did feel smoother but not radically so, and at least it wasn't dehydrated. But over time I find that this mask's exfoliation properties helps increase the efficacy of the Neem mask and other facial treatments I care to use. It has also helped fade the brown marks left by bad blemishes.

Conclusion
Although not an outstanding can't-live-without-it favourite, at RM24.90 this large tube does make a great buy. It's a good staple to have in my beauty arsenal and it definitely helps clear my skin up - if more gradually than my impatient self would like.

No comments: