October 26, 2009

Monday's beauty bits

If you're a frequent shopper at 1 Utama and don't yet have a One Card - what are you thinking? The points translate into cashbacks you can spend in participating outlets - which are many. And for this month, spend RM100 at participating outlets (including ~H2O+) and get an additional RM5 back.

Malaysia appears to finally be making an impact on the beauty map. New brands are cropping up all the time like Ecotools (first spotted by Plue)! It's available at Shins but the prices are twice what you'd pay if you bought from Makeup Masala. Even with shipping, buying online is cheaper.

Etude House is running a promotion that gets you 30% off cosmetic items when you spend RM20 and above on non-cosmetic items. They also try to give you a file and poster of some Korean actor. I say try, because I handed them both back posthaste. If you're curious, I picked up their cream brush (it looks like a mini foundation brush) and their dual eye-brightener. Believe me, I need it.

It's official! Face Oasis by ~H2O+ makes my skin happier than Clinique's Moisture Surge. I just switched back to Face Oasis and already it looks glowier and is less oily. The general rule seem to be, if you're drier you like Clinique, if you're oilier then Face Oasis is for you!

I don't remember if I've said this but it bears repeating. A general rule of thumb when applying makeup is to use the lightest touch possible. Blush will then contour naturally to your face, foundation application look flawless and your liner will not be overdone. If your touch is too light, then just go over again till you find the perfect degree of force.

6 comments:

Petra said...

thanks em. i tend to poke my eyeliner into my eye. getting indian kajol soon, will let you know how that goes - part of my effort to save money on wants to donate more to others' needs :)

noticed an ad for l'oreal men and recalled your reviews. now i'm tempted, because they have daniel wu.

AskMeWhats said...

I have been super contented with Clinique, now you're making me wonder about H2O!!!

Kahani said...

Petra: When am I getting a beauty blunders tale? =P

Nikki dear... you have DRY skin. Stick with Clinique. ;)

Petra said...

coming. groan. when my work on stateless kids, refugee women and proposal is a bit more balanced.

PRAY for some mental space. i've not forgotten the article but i'm usually so grumpy the piece i have planned might come out, ah, rather vicious.

Tine said...

I've got oily skin too, but somehow, the Face Oasis just doesn't cut the mustard for me. It just sits there :( And I wanted to love it so much too, since it works so well for you.

Aiyaaaaaa...

~Lisa said...

Aww, I want to go to Etude House!! Take me there!!

Please visit my blog at www.xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com