January 26, 2010

My Vanilla Crack: The Body Shop Nutmeg & Vanilla Body Scrub

When The Body Shop first released their Christmas offerings late last year, I was rather nonchalant. Not that I don't like their products, heavens no. It's just that they dish out lovely offerings year after year, it's hard to stay super excited all time.

But any rate, I had been looking forward to checking out their holiday offerings and so I did.

There was Merry Cranberry (their faithful annual release), Black Velvet Apricot, and Nutmeg & Vanilla. Nutmeg & Vanilla? I did a double take. Really.

Just as I had declared how much I love the Cocoa Butter Body Scrub, I was beside myself with glee taking sniffing in the vanilla scent. I knew the body scrub was miiiine. I was pretty much like a squirrel on crack.

And in perfect timing, a lovely lovely friend (you know who you are, thank you!) offered to do a The Body Shop run for a discount! Which saw me bringing a tub of the body scrub and a bottle of their body lotion home.

Some have described the scent as being too sweet, or even cloyingly so. But as my nose is rather scentically-challenged (yes, I coined that word), it doesn't seem to mind it at all. In fact, I find the vanilla scent delicious and comforting. Not quite sure where the nutmeg comes in though, in terms of scent. I'm hopeless.

Anyhoo, on the product itself. It's rich and creamy, with ground nutmeg to exfoliate the skin. There's also something else in there (I'm not sure what it is), but it looks like orange microbeads, and works as a finer scrub.

(Notice the dark brown beads? Those are ground nutmeg (I assume). And if you look closely, you'll notice orange-coloured microbeads, which works for a gentler exfoliation.)

I've used it a few times now, and I always feel so clean and pampered after a good scrub. And my skin feels uber smooth and rather hydrated too, thanks to its creamy goodness. Perfect for when you need something to lift your spirits a little after a long and tiring day.

Priced at RM69.90 for a 200ml tub, it IS crazy pricey, but one tub will last me quite a while yet. While it's no longer available on the shelves, one can always scour the Net. And hope it'll come back this year.

One can always hope, no?

6 comments:

Paris B said...

Ah you and vanilla - I guess we all have our weaknesses :) Sounds lovely in a scrub though - less overpowering than in a lotion :)

beetrice said...

LOL at your 'squirrel on crack' comment - my favourite phrase is 'bunny on crack'! :D

not personally inclined towards vanilla in non-edible situations, but you make it sound yummy!

Syen said...

Paris: LOL. Yes, me and my vanilla. Maybe it can be a song. *hehehe*

Bee: It does sound rather yummy, doesn't it? And it's now my signature scent. Anything Kahani sees labeled as Vanilla or Cocoa Butter and she goes, "Oh Wiiiissaaa!!!" LOL.

Meldee said...

Jealous! I should have picked up a tub while it was still around, boo. I LOVE smelling like something edible, hehe.

All Women Stalker said...

I just have to get this for my best friend, who's obsessed with vanilla. Thanks for the tip!

Syen said...

Meldee: *tee hee* Let's keep an eye out for vanilla-ey stuff for each other, k? LOL.

All Women Stalker: Good luck with finding it! =)