January 07, 2010

Sweet Stains: Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint in Red and Peach

The stain mania lives on! Etude House has once again produced two love-worthy stains at a wonderful price point. What I love about these two shades is that neither is your typical rosy cool-toned red. The stains aren't clear either and resemble Posietint in texture.

Peach
Perhaps the shade I coveted most, while looking out for non-red shades. Although it looks orange on the does-foot applicator wand, when applied it turns into a natural pinky-peach shade that goes brilliantly with blushes like Coralista. The swatch here is topped with clear lipbalm but it also goes amazing with Nivea's Pink Grapefruit. ;) (Come on, you knew I'd say that)

Red
Unlike Dear Darling Liptint which is a Benetint-style red, Cherry Tint Red is a warmer, bright strawberry red. It's very cheerful and gives your lips a playful stained-with-a-popsical look. I love it on its own so I wear it topped with clear lip balm. It also makes a good base to pop any nude lipgloss that's too flat or for cooler-red lippies.

Wear & Formula
Neither of these tints last as long as the clear tints or even Posietint. They do wear out faster and I find by the end of the day they've faded almost away. Fortunately they do still hang around through meals and drinks far longer than any lipstick or gloss.

As I've just gotten through a breakout on my face I haven't yet tried this on my cheeks and I'm not sure I will. I have blushes that match them exactly and when applied over a base of Revlon Colorstay, powder blushes last as long as stains.

Conclusion
These are both from an older collection and I'm not sure if there are many left. I picked them up at a nice discount of 25% from RM22.90 - very nice. =D If you spot them, buy them!

10 comments:

Eli said...

Pretty! But they seem to be on the cool side. Bleargh. At least that will help me stick to my resolution of buying less stuff.

xin said...

hey girl the pink one looks pretty awesome!

Sue said...

nice colors! but I don't think I'm able to pull them off like you do. :x

LyNn said...

owh i think the peach one is pretty.

Tsuze said...

A timely review just when I was wondering which colour should I get! Love the peach ^_^ Thanks girl!

AskMeWhats said...

both looks great but I'm leaning on the Peach colored one :) your lips look gorgeous! *muwah* LOL

Kahani said...

From Hostel in Hong Kong...

*whacks Eli* I said both were WARM woman!

To everyone else, the Peach is awesome - I haven't found another stain that's peach, not orange!

Anonymous said...

The tragic thing is, I already have these - In all three colours, mind you - and I am lemming them so much after reading your review! I adore them so much and always bring them overseas. Argh, I just feel like dashing out and getting back ups for them now.

Eli said...

Really?! Sorry, I read the blog when I wake up in the a.m. so blur blur sikit.

*shakes fist* Now I am lemming after the peach, damn you.

Meldee said...

Aaaaah! I love both, but especially the red. I love the "I-just-had-a-lolly" lips :D