April 15, 2010

Utter disappointment: Dove goFresh roll-on deodorant in grapefruit and lemongrass

I picked this up in Hong Kong hoping it would smell like the shower gel version of this scent - which is delish. Can't believe I haven't reviewed that yet, must get around to it. And it proved to be not just a disappointment, but a disastrous one.

I'm reviewing this now because I spotted it on the shelves at Guardian for about RM12, and in my honest opinion. Please save your cash.

Because EVEN if you don't mind that it smells sweet and powdery and not remotely grapefruity, and EVEN if you don't mind that it dries white and streaky. You WILL mind that the darned thing leaks like crazy and when you open it after a week of ignoring it, it will splatter all over you, your mirror, your feet and your floor. Oh and your makeup too. Depending where you're situated when you pop that cap.

Now there a chance I picked up a defective one, so if you're feeling adventurous give it a go. I for one won't ever try this thing again.

I am trying the spray on one now though *sheepish look*. Because the shower gel is that good.

5 comments:

The Undercover Gypsy said...

Ick! Gross! That's a horrible experience, Kahani....I've been wondering about this new fangled packaging for the roll-ons that all companies (except Fa and Simple I think) seem to have adopted. I guess it helps to have an "upside down"(in a manner of speaking) bottle when we reach the dregs of the deodorant, but personally, I've been keeping away from these bottles for exactly the reasons you mentioned in your post...
But I have to agree, I can't get enough of the shower gels (I like the nectarine and white ginger).

xin said...

oh gosh! thanks for posting this up so we all got warning already. similar thing happened to my the body shop cheek tint too, it just leaked, and my bags and stuff were all stained in red! so in the end i just chucked it

AskMeWhats said...

Ugh, I do mind if my deodorant smells strong and dries up with a white streak, so ..'no thanks' :)

Kahani said...

Gypsy: I'm not sure we have the nectarine version here, will look out for it! It sounds yummeh! YOu know what really cheeses me off now? They have the DRY STICK version of the deo - which is my fave deo format - and they didn't bring it in. *wails* Must look out for it in Singapore...

Xin: You're welcome dear =)

Nikki: the spray on version of this is working much better so far!

Kit said...

My previous deodorant used to be the FA roll-on, which is really fresh and cool. But they seemed to have changed (or my body chemistry) that I've sworn off roll-ons for dry sticks.

My fave now is Rexona in Sensitive (with Aloe Vera). Tried Free Spirit too but smells yucky :P

Cool blog! I'm coming back esp as I have a similar skin profile as Eli :D