August 03, 2010

Maybelline Unstoppable Curly Extension Mascara

At first, I really didn't like this mascara very much. The thick formula seemed to take forever to dry leading to smudges and on top of it it didn't do much for lashes. You'd sit there, slapping the stuff on and then suddenly BOOM - all your lashes were stuck together. Argh!

But like most Maybelline formulas, this one seems to get better with age as the formula dries down and thickened it only takes a few strokes of the wand to get the required definition. Now a month in to using it daily I'm starting to like the formula. It does give bold black longer lashes - slightly more than my old favourite - but nothing that will knock your socks off. I think that it does indeed help retain curl, but the heavier formula weighs lashes down a bit so it's a give-some-take-some situation. 


There are two things I like best about this mascara. First, is its brush:

You can't quite see it here but it's smaller than most brush heads but densely packed with bristles, it's also slightly angled and has a dome shape which helps with keeping lashes curly. I love it! I wish all mascaras had brush heads like this - it applies well, a slight wiggle deals with clumps and its small size and angle makes it very handy.

The second is it really is quite smudge-proof and waterproof. But comes off very easily with eyemakeup remover. Love that!

Conclusion
I picked up this mascara on discount for about RM28, and that's about all I think it's worth. I certainly won't be buying it at its full price of about RM32.80. Overall I don't hate it, but if there's something new to try or a better choice out there I won't repurchase. Rather sacrifice the slightest amount of definition, save RM10 and stick to Volume Express Hypercurl. 

4 comments:

~Lisa said...

Haha, too bad it's not sold here.

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Connie De Alwis said...

But I don't like the hypercul as much as I like (LOVE) the Turbo boost :(
I never liked unstoppable. I tried the shiny black one. ugh

Petra said...

Mine's a gift, and I actually like this one. Agree with what you said about its watery formula, but now that it's dried out I can put it on without looking like a streetwalker. Even before it dried out this lifted and curled my lashes - no need for a Stage eyelash curler yet ;)

AskMeWhats said...

I am excited to use mine! i have this at home! haven't open it yet :D