September 09, 2010

Nivea Fruity Shine in Pomegranate

So we now add the latest Nivea tinted lip balm to the list here at So Loverly. You girls know we're crazy fans of the line, especially in Pink Grapefruit, so when Beetrice reviewed Pomegranate both Syen and I were just itching to get our paws on it. I nabbed mine in Singapore, she got hers in Bangkok. North and south of Malaysia.. but NOT in Malaysia. Nivea Malaysia, if you're reading this, I hate you.

*Ahem*

So is it love? Why yes I do believe it is. This tinted balm is different from the others primarily because it has shimmery bits in it. Honestly? I can do without them, but it doesn't bother me much.




Scent & Taste
If you've ever whiffed The Body Shop's pomegranate range, this is definitely reminiscent of it. Just more berry-like and tangy. It's also a rather candy-like scent. Taste wise it resembles Pink Grapefruit. You taste something faintly sweet and I suspect the rest is influenced by the fragrance.

Colour & Finish
Nivea went for broke on this one. It's the glossiest (well it does have shimmer after all) and most pigmented of the range. Bee says it went on sheer for her...well on me one coat does this:

It's brighter, deeper and cooler berry red than Nivea Cherry (Please excuse the haggard look, the first week of September was a rough one... in many ways). Used throughout the day, I find the pigment builds up so the colour deepends. Also when it's worn off you still get some silver shimmer bits left on your lips. Doesn't bother me but some girls hate it. Otherwise the shimmer is undetectable.

Conclusion
Until Nivea Malaysia has the decency to bring in Pink Grapefruit and Pomegranate I'll be stocking up whenever I get a chance. I still have most of this tube and one more so I'm good for now. But if I run low I'll be howling for more! In Singapore they're about SG$4 a tube but look out for promotions where you can nab two or more for less (about SG$2 a tube)

2 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

another super LIKE on this one :) I finished a total of 2 tubes and I'm on my 3rd :) NOt the same variant though, we don't have this variant here :)

Eli said...

It's a bright red alright. Love pomegranate but the shimmer is a turn off. Sadly.