March 10, 2011

Cheap Indulgence: Lux Tropical Sunset Body Wash in Mango & Grapefruit

Knowing what I know now about the copious amounts of research Unilever pours into the Lux brand, I'm more convinced than ever that I live in the wrong country. You see, this shower gel is sold in New Zealand, but as far as I know, not in Malaysia. You see, most Malaysians prefer floral perfume blends and cream formulations. In NZ though, this shower gel is sold out almost within a day of it hitting the shelves.

It does smell delicious. More of mango than of grapefruit but with a fresh citrus bite. The shower gel is thick and emollient - it's also great for leg-shaving. My only complaint is that unlike pricier shower gels, like those of The Body Shop, C&E and the like, is that the fragrance doesn't last long past the shower. In fact once you rinse, it's just about rinsed off.

It's NZ$6.99 for 400 ml but I bought this in Warehouse for NZ$3.99. Now, if only they'd bring in the Clairol Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo & Conditioner in White Nectarine & Pink Coral Flower I saw there but could not buy due to weight issues. It smells GORGEOUS. 

No comments: