February 20, 2012

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush

A bit delayed I know but this blush does seem perfect for Valentine's Day doesn't it? 

When Syen made her pilgrimage to the mecca of makeup (the US) I asked her to pick this up for me on a whim. It was just, so, PRETTY! 

Unfortunately she wasn't able to find the shade I wanted (Rose) but fortunately she picked up this one (Natural) instead.

Just how fun is this blush? Besides the adorable packaging it promises to:
  • Ultra-soft and blendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
  • Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.
  • Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
  • The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply
It was the Happy Boost Blend that did it. So how did it perform?
Not too shabbily actually. I can't in good conscience say that dusting this powder across my cheeks made me happy in the wee hours of the grey cold mornings we have here when dragging myself out of bed and lurching towards coffee is about all I can manage. Or that the faintly powdery sweet floral scent gives me a burst of joy... BUT the packaging does make me grin. 

And this powder does make you glow. It's one of those unswatchable ones (hence, no swatch) that give you an indefinable glowy brightness without looking like either blush or highlighter. I love it on its own with smokey eyes or for a natural look, and perked up on the apples of my cheek with a pink, peach or berry blush (they all work). 

It's also pretty good for disguising a grey pallor due to a massive hangover (noooot that I'm talking about meself here.. nosiree...)

ConclusionAt US$12 this really is far too expensive for a drugstore blush and I wouldn't have gotten it if Physician's Formula was available in Asia (the mineral range is, but not the general line) and if it wasn't so damned cute. But it really does pretty-up your makeup and it's fun to use. If you have the chance, pick it up as a treat to yourself - but not for any practical reason. 


4 comments:

plue said...

kahani, have missed you!

i thought i read somewhere that the blush is a little chalky or something like that.

but it's a happy looking blush yet priced at $12, i'd cringe a little.

rinnah said...

Sounds like a drugstore version of Meteorites? :)

Kahani said...

Plue: I'm so sorry for my absence, illness, travel... so many reasons. =P But I'm back! I dont'find it chalky but it does lack pigment.

Rinnah: The all over face powder could be! This is a little too tinted for that - wouldn't use it anywhere but the cheeks.

plue said...

ooi woman no saying sorry ok? missed chu when u came back lah~

sometimes lacking in pigment is good yes? you never go overboard with it hehe