Beauty-related revelations over the past 2 weeks:
1. 3,000 word assignments have weird effects on vanity. Yes, those late hours create panda-worthy circles but on the other hand, you are too tired to bother.
2. Speaking of being too tired to bother, its amazing how good my skin looks after 2 weeks of neglect. Its like putting a naughty kid in a corner; they finally behave once they are ignored.
3. Maybe there is some truth in facial sprays. I keep a Sukin facial spray on my work table and have been using it whenever my skin feels dry. It's kind of like watering a plant. But with fertilizer in the water.
4. If you are the type who gets totally absorbed in work and oblivious to the outside world like me, put reminders on your phone to drink water every hour. I am serious. Your body will thank you for it.
Don't forget to set alarms reminding you when to eat and cook. Apologies to my boyfriend for all the times I let him starve. And ff you need to, set alarms reminding you when to bathe.
5. French braids do wonders to disguise an oily scalp. I haven't put my hair in a French braid since high school but I did the other day and it looked surprisingly good. Especially towards the latter half of the day when everything is a little bit loose and you have hair falling about your hair. Flattering and dare I say it? Kinda sexy.
In case anyone is wondering, I had to stop using dry shampoo because it makes my scalp itch.
Oh, eat fruit instead of chips. I am the type who tends to snack a lot while working and can go through a bag of chips and a large bar of chocolate in a day. Thankfully, Fuji apples are in season now (yay!) so I have been snacking on them instead. Cheaper than chips too.
(If you haven't figured it out, its assignment and exam time now for me. With 3,000 word research papers due every week -- yes, I am serious -- my blog posts are probably going to be quite short and to the point for the next month. Don't be surprised if I start posting reviews in the form of mind maps!)