October 19, 2012

Taupe Madness: Loving the Stray Dog

Hello lovelies,

Just to give you all a heads-up, I think it's safe to say that there will be many more Taupe Madness posts peppered along the way - now and in the foreseeable future. This is due to the fact that I'm on a mad taupe hunt, having bought (and still buying) more taupes than I will ever need in two three lifetimes.

And good things must be shared, no?

Right. Where were we? Ah yes... Today we'll be looking at the Stray Dog. By Urban Decay.


Gorgeousness in a pan.



UD seems to have really gotten their eyeshadow formula down pat. The one I have is the reformulated product, which UD claims is "richer and smoother". I don't have the vintage version to compare, but I'm not going to argue with them.


The texture really is buttery smooth, with excellent pigment. Stray Dog is a lovely brown taupe, and when applied it's such a rich shade with a fantastic sheen. Of course, the colour will vary depending on what base you apply under it. A darker based will of course give it more depth.


Photographed with bounced flash above, and direct flash below.



I picked mine up from Sephora for RM69, and I'm so glad I did. I'm really, really in love with this eyeshadow, and I've been reaching for it ever so often.

Isn't it just so friggin' gorgeous?








5 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I love UD Shadows and I only have them in 1 Book of Shadows that I own. This color is amazing! I can totally use this on my clients!

Syen said...

Hi Nikki, it is! Actually, you might want to get your hands on either Naked or Naked 2. Those will be neutral colours you'll be able to use both on yourself and your clients. =)

Luthien said...

Totally agree with you Syen! I recently got hitched not too long ago (makeup by Wedding Isle Gallery thanks to your recommendations) and May used the Naked 2 eyeshadow palette for my wedding dinner look. Love it to bits and can't wait to get myself one now! ;-)

Syen said...

Luthien: Congrats dear! Haha. Glad to see my recommendation worked for you. Yes, yes, do get Naked2. I love it.

plue said...

lovely colour! but luckily i am not an e/s fiend so I am quite safe for now :P