April 28, 2008

My Favourite Things: Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

Okay, a little while back I introduced you to one of my favourite facial cleansers. Today let me introduce you to it's best friend - Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub.

I love using this gentle scrub as the next step after cleansing at the end of the day. My cream cleanser and this just work so well together.

While the cream cleanser generally cleanses and removes my makeup, this scrub exfoliates and ensures that there are no leftover makeup residues on my skin. Like Kahani, I take to double cleansing (hey, what can I say? I like squeaky clean skin).

The microbeads are mild and gentle enough for me to use daily, although girls with sensitive skin might consider stopping at twice or three times a week. It's oil-free and non-comedogenic, so no clogging of pores there. It also contains beta-hydroxy, which is suppose to clean deep into your pores.

I love that it washes easily off, and maybe it's just psychology, but I always feel like my skin's brighter after a good scrub.

I've been using this stuff for years, and the fact that I'm still faithfully going back to it every night speaks volumes I guess. I mean, you're talking about a girl who can't stop trying out new stuff. =P

Just a note though, that the scrub I'm reviewing is the one that is available in Malaysia. I've had the chance to try the same scrub that's distributed in the US, but that one seemed a little rough and my skin felt just a little raw after. It just seemed like the microbeads were slightly larger.

This gentle scrub is easily available in drugstores, and a 125ml tube retails for about RM13.90 usually. It also has a smaller version in 50ml for about RM7.50, which totally makes more sense for travelling.

I feel like kicking myself now as I saw the full size tube available for RM8.99 the other day at a hypermarket, but I was in too much of a hurry to buy. And now it's back to the usual price.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i use this too! 2nd tube of 50ml now.. and its really great.. love it! and i normally get it as free pack wif the purchase of the 100ml cleanser.. so worth it! very gentle indeed~

Syen said...

Hello!!!

Glad you love it as much as I do. I sooo cannot do without it. The 50ml is just perfect for travel, no?

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Cheers~