July 13, 2008

Benefit Her Glossiness-es

Among the goodies I received a while ago from dearest Kahani included two tubes of Benefit Her Glossiness in "Didn't Hear It From Me" and "My People, Your People" (MPYP).

I've the chance to play around with them, and boy, they're nice.

These glosses come in a HUGE 3gm tube, which will take me quite a while to finish, I believe.

"Didn't Hear It From Me" is a peachy-pink nudish shade, which suits me down to a T. It's great for days when I want a neutral lip to play up my eyes. I believe it'll also be great if I wanted to tone down a brighter or darker shade of lipstick. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have any shimmer.

(Here I wore Didn't Hear It From Me on its own. Very natural, no?)

"My People, Your People" instead is a very, very light pink with silver shimmer. As you can see in the photo, it might be a little too light on its own, and can cause me to look washed out. So, what I've done is pair it with another lipstick like MAC Strawbaby which is a bright coral, and it looks great with it.


Both glosses go on smoothly and easily. They're neither sticky nor tacky, which to me can be one of the most annoying things about some glosses. Of course, my hair still gets stuck to my lips if they get the chance, but at least, it's not super glue. And they don't leave a white cast when they dry out.

They last through a drink, but not through a meal. But that's okay by me.

Here in Malaysia, they cost quite a bit at RM73 each, but I'm really glad I got to try Her Glossiness-es for only RM14 a piece. =)

No comments: