July 10, 2009

Video: Friday is for flying (or landing) pretty

Michelle Phan actually filmed this tutorial on an airplane! She took into account liquid restrictions and the danger of poking your eye out with an eyeliner pencil. I think she's slightly nuts to risk mascara though.

I'm a firm believer in taking all my makeup off and going through my usual night-routine (insofar as possible) on long-haul flights. I then have to re-do my makeup before landing so customs officials won't refuse me entry because I look like a rejected zombie from Night of the Living Dead. While I didn't learn anything from this tute, I appreciate the idea and practicality of it.

5 comments:

Tine said...

I alwayys remove all traces of makeup when I get to my seat and buckled up. Mist the face with either Avene or Evian spray, apply a thick layer of moisturiser, and then lip balm, and then hand cream. When the plane's about to land, then it's powder, lip and cheek tint ... kao tim! :)

Kahani said...

Thanks for sharing, Tine! I'm posting my (very detailed... I got carried away) beauty tips on Monday.

prettybeautiful said...

wow! the last part of the vid when she was reapplying mascara was scary. the plane was shaking and it was so hard to keep hand steady not to poke into eye!!!

AskMeWhats said...

I would never apply makeup inside the airplane lol! I saw her video and I find that she's really passionate with makeup application ANYWHERE :)

Kahani said...

PrettyB: Exactly! I'd forgo the mascara... just this once =P

Nikki: That's because you have lovely skin and large eyes. I do feel a need to at least even out my skintone, but yes Michelle Phan does take things a little far. I like her vids because she has a pleasant speaking voice and the themes are good. But I find her execution not very well thought out. Like the false lower lashes in her "makeup with spectacles" vid... it looked awful!