April 29, 2011

Review: Yes to Carrots Exfoliating and Soothing Mud Mask

I have been quite a good girl lately, taking care to apply my mask every now and then.


While my favourite zit-buster is still this Himalaya mask, but everyone and then it's nice to have a little something different. And that's when I bring out my Yes to Carrots Exfoliating and Soothing Mud Mask (for normal and dry skin).

It's nice enough to use, but does it really work? Read on to find out.

Texture wise, it's easy to apply on, and I usually just dip my finger in the jar, but then if you're fussy, then you might wanna scoop it out with a spoon before you apply it on.

On the pack, it says to leave it on for 5 mintues, but I usually leave it on for longer. The nice thing though, is that this mask is something you can slap on if you're in a hurry and can't still enough for those 30-minute masks.

It washes off really easily too. I find it's easier to wash off with a soft sponge, and that way, you get a little exfoliating work done too. Nice.


Yes to Carrots claims this paraben-free mask that's "blended with organice carrot juice, spring water and Dead Sea minerals" will "purify the skin, improves moisture retention, leaving a velvety luster and a bright complexion". But when it comes to crunch time, does it deliver?

Honestly, I don't see it working up a miracle, but I will admit that it does help calm and soothe my face down a little bit when I see it getting a little wonky. A few days back, my face was feeling a little parched and grouchy, with teeny bumps coming up on my forehead and my cheeks were irritated (perhaps from a stretch of late nights, lack of sleep, and lack of proper nighttime skincare).

I decided to slap this on for a quick fix before I crashed into bed (it was more morning than night by then). Washed it off 5 minutes later, slapped on my night moisturiser, and I must admit my skin was a little calmer the next day.

However, if you're expecting to see it clear your skin up and bust those zits... no such luck. Better to just go the Neem way.

I usually use this between my Neem masks. While that one is just superb, it can be a bit too much to use to regularly (for me, anyway). So I use that one, maybe once a week or so, and this one during the intervals. I kinda like this routine.

The sad bit is that it's not available here in Malaysia. A friend helped me pick this up from the UK. I also apologize I cannot remember how much a 50ml jar costs. (Can anyone help?)

To conclude, I'd say it's a nice to have, and pretty handy too for quick fix. But it isn't really a must have.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Silt (Maris Limus), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Glycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Niacin, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Gel, Propolis Extract, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.

No comments: