To get an idea of what colours I go for, check out the swatches after the jump:
|It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I like my red-brown shades|
Can you see the numbers on the paper?
1. Bobbi Brown Lipcolour in Sandwash Pink
2. Bobbi Brown Lipcolour in Raisin
3. Bobbi Brown Metallic Lipcolour in Berry Metallic
4. Bobbi Brown Metallic Lipcolour in Raspberry Metallic
5. Chanel Rouge Coco in Bois des Iles
6. Clinique Long Lasting Lipstick in Berry Freeze
7. Lipstick Queen in Saint Rust
8. Lipstick Queen Oxymoron Gloss in Honest Politician (Technically a gloss but it works like a lippie for me)
9. NYX Black Label Lipstick in Diva
10. Revlon Colourburst in Raspberry
11. Stage Moisturising Lipstick in Kristen
12. Stage Moisturising Lipstick in Tyra
|The numbers correspond with the lipstick list above|
For some odd reason, the swatches are coming out as more brown than red. I swear that my lipsticks have a lot more red in them.
Have you noticed that a good third of my lipstick choices contain the word "berry" in their names? When in doubt, berry shades usually work for me -- there's a reason why I love autumn/ winter releases.
I can't wear pinks or nudes as they look terribly unnatural on me or make me look like the walking dead. Hints of red work great.
With my current tan, I am actually thinking of giving NYX Diva and Honest Politician to a friend or cousin. I think they would look better on someone fairer.
Revlon's Raspberry is a new purchase from last week. A berry shade veering towards fuschia, its currently my new favourite. Loving the lipstick formula as well but this lippie deserves a review of its own.
Clinique's Berry Freeze is the first lipstick I ever got for myself. It's so old, I should probably trash it out but it hasn't deteriorated in any way. It is a lovely dark red which I can only use at night or as a stain on rainy days.
I originally picked up Stage's Tyra for my sister but liked the shade so much, I ended up getting another for myself. Once I got home though, I kept having the niggling feeling that I had seen the shade before. After a few hours of swatching and rummaging through my stash, I realised that Tyra is a frostier dupe for Lipstick Queen's Saint Rust. Ah, sheesh.
I wonder if Syen has come across this problem in her lippie stash.