October 15, 2010

(Updated) Review + Rave: Estee Lauder Shadow Creme in Silver Leaf


You know that lovely feeling when you're digging through your existing stash and find a keeper you always had all along but never quite knew you had it?

Yeah. I just had one of those moments.

And no thanks to this pot of Estee Lauder Stay-in-Place Shadown Creme in Silver Leaf. It is just beautiful.


I must have picked this pot up a while ago, but promptly forgot about it after dumping it in together with the rest of my eyeshadows. And when I found it again while digging through my stash earlier this week, I was happy enough to give it a go.

I am very happy I did.

I've used it twice just this week, and both times, I was very impressed. Estee's Double Wear range of products are meant to last, last and laaast (for 15 hours, they claim) and this eyeshadow pretty much pulled that feat off.

It's a beautiful shade that looks brown in the pot but swatches a gorgeous taupe. It's also pigmented enough, but doesn't really pack on the punch in terms of colour, but you can easily layer on more if you want to go for something a little more intense.


Swatched (but not photographed, apologies) alongside Benefit's Skinny Jeans (kinda like this one), they both look very similar but Skinny Jeans comes off looking a little more intense.

And now to show you just how amazingly well this eyeshadow lasted. Both of the photos taken below were taken AFTER I got home from work, with absolutely no touch up, which meant that they had lasted at least a good solid many hours.


Take 1: I used Silk Naturals Eye Fix primer, Silver Leaf, the Balm's Lucious Lani and Shu Uemura's (legendary) ME Brown 850 for this look. This photo was taken at about 10pm at night with absolutely no touch-up since I applied it in the morning. And this was after work and after I did some chores at home. And still no creasing. How amazing is that?


Take 2: A much simpler do, I applied Silver Leaf onto my bare lids (without a primer), and just added NYX Dune eyeshadow on top. Photo was also taken after work. There was a tiny crease, but not really visible in the photo.

Just how cool is that?

I sincerely cannot remember how much I paid for this pot of eyeshadow. Will update this post the next time I swing by an Estee Lauder counter. But regardless, I think I won't really mind picking up another shade seeing as it really, really lasts. (UPDATE: Price is RM65 per pot. Pretty reasonable, me thinks.)

If you're looking for an eyeshadow that'll take you from day to night with no need for a touch-up after work, this might just be what you're looking for.

Are you as impressed as I am? Because I am so in love with this.

4 comments:

Connie De Alwis said...

I definitely need to look into this product! I'm a fan of cream eyeshadows. Love the color on you! Thanks for reviewing :)

Syen said...

Connie: I think it's definitely worth looking into! Thanks for the compliment! =) And after this, I think I'll definitely be paying more attention to cream shadows too. Ooooh.. another whole playing field out there! Hahaha.

Unknown said...

OOO... Looks pretty! How much is it?

Syen said...

Hanny: Oh dear, I really don't remember. I'll check it out the next time I'm at an Estee counter ya? Sorry about it? Does anyone know?