August 20, 2008

Syen's Beauty Heroes!

Kahani and I got tagged again by Tine *winks* to give you girls a run-down of what our skincare, beauty and scent heroes are. I'll get the ball rolling, so here goes!

SKINCARE

What facial cleanser do you use?
Me being me, I have a few. What I'm currently loving are Himalaya Herbals Gentle Face Wash Cream, Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash, and for scrubs, Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub. Told you I have a few.

What toner do you use?
I'm currently using Clinique's Clarifying Lotion in #3.

What moisturizer do you use?
Day: Neutrogena Fine Fairness with SPF 30 (I'm on my second tube, but thanks to Paris B's review, I'm thinking of switching to Eucerin White Solution Whitening Extra Treatment Fluid SPF40. Gosh, what a name!)
Night: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel (I can't rave enough about this. Totally HG material!). And for the extra flaky bits, I use Cetaphil Moisturising Cream.

How many times a day do you wash your face?
Usually twice, sometimes three times?

Do you use eye makeup remover? If so, what kind?
Vaseline.

Is your skin oily, dry, or combination skin?
Combi/oily. Leans more to oily. But I have dry flakes at certain times. It's complicated.

What is the best part about your skin?
Hmmm... my cheeks are normally clear. And I'm happy I don't have bacne. =)

What are your skin problems?
Oh gosh, where do I even start? Redness and pimples, mostly on my chin where it can turn into a semi volcanic region at times. And when I try to cure it, it dries out and turns into the Sahara on me. Eye bags (but that's because I don't get enough sleep). White heads. And very, very recently, an MA freaked me out by pronouncing I had fine lines. Fine Lines, indeed! I'm not even done with pimples, and now I have to worry about wrinkles already??? 0_o


MAKEUP

What foundation do you use?
ZA Two-way foundation and Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation. Both are great foundations - ZA gives me better coverage, Max Factor lets me go au naturel.

What powder do you use?
Currently, Skinfood Lemon Fresh Pact (but it's running low, and they're discontinued I hear! Boo!) and MAC Blot powder.

What eyebrow pencil do you use?
Err.. don't use 'em.

What eyeliner do you use?
A Cyber Colours black liner from Sasa, MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy, and another brown one from Estee Lauder.

What is your favorite eyeshadow?
Oh dear, this is tough. I love so many of them! From Silky Girl and H & M, to Stila, MAC, Bobbi and Estee Lauder. Can't decide!

What mascara do you use?
I don't. Blasphemy, but I have a thing about mascaras. Never quite got around to learning to use it without poking myself in the eye. I'll get around to it. Eventually. (Kahani, HEELLPPPP!!!)

What are your favorite lipbalms/glosses/sticks?
Favourite lipbalm: Vaseline. And Mentholatum Lip Pure. And Yves Rocher. And Sebamed.
Favourite gloss: Origins Liquid Lip Colour and Liquid Lip Shimmer (without a doubt. Granted I'm not much of a gloss girl, so I haven't tried THAT many)
Favourite lipstick: Oh dear. Again. Err... MAC, Estee Lauder and lately Nars Sexual Healing?

HAIRCARE

Do you color your hair?
I don't colour my whole head, but I've been highlighting it lately. Three times, so far in the last two years.

What is your stylists name?
I don't know her full name, but I call her Mei.

What salon do you go to?
It's her own salon near where I used to live. I don't remember the name. *blush*

What is your natural hair color?
Black. Very black.

What is your hair color now?
Black, with copper-brown highlights. The roots are growing out already though.

Do you have straight or curly hair?
Straight, but not 100% straight.

Do you use a curling iron?
No. I like my hair to be rather fuss-free.

A straightener?
I already have straight hair!

What kind?
-

Do you use a blow dryer?
Yes, occasionally.

Do you use gel and if so, what kind?
Nope. Hair's too long for gels. But if I did, it'd prolly be Fruit of The Earth.

Do you use mousse, and if so, what kind?
No.

What shampoo do you use?
Currently Dove Essential Care and L'Oreal. And TreSemme Deep Clean for the occassional clarifying action.

What conditioner do you use?
I'm SO in love with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Shine Moisturising Conditioner.

Do you use leave in conditioner?
Nope. But does Frederic Fekkai's Olive Glossing Cream count? I love this stuff. It makes my hair instantly glamourous.

SCENTS

What deodorant do you use?
Erm.. don't use one.

What body wash do you use?
Currently I alternate between Johnson's pH5.5 Nourishing Body Wash with Honey/ Almond Oil and Shokubutsu.

Do you use a loofah, washcloth or soap to wash?
I use a bath lily aka pouff.

What perfumes do you use or like? Name five.
Ooooh.. Unfortunately, I don't have a nose that works terribly well, but I think I should be able to churn out five. In no particular order (and no, I don't own them all) - Kenzo Flower (a gift from the fiance!), Kenzo Amour, DKNY Red Delicious, Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight, and The Body Shop White Musk. AND The Body Shop Spirit of Moonflower. (I know it's six, but I had to add the last one. It's one of the first few scents I owned.)

Do you always have to smell good?
If I can help it. Better good than bad, right? =)

2 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

awww..you are a Clinique Moisturizer user too! *high five* Love it too!!!!

Thanks for sharing Syen!!! nice to know your secrets :D

Syen said...

Hey Nikki, Of course!!! Love that yellow goo. =P

LOL.. yes, I'd hardly call them "secrets" now!